Recipe by Ennoia
A delicious, light soup.
Top Review by Inspiritual
this soup was awesome! it took a while to chop up all my leeks, but it was so worth it. Not sure that the chickpeas really add anything to it other then a different texture and some protein. I loved the mixture of the saffron and the leeks -- that is what did it for me :) -- So glad I picked you for Pick A Chef :)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 4 wide strips lemon zest, removed from a lemon with a potato peeler
- 3 -4 cups stock (or water if you prefer to have the delicate saffron show through)
- 250 g chickpeas (cooked)
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, then add the leeks, and saffron and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the leeks are tender and translucent.
- Add the strips of lemon zest, the stock/water and the chickpeas, bring to a simmer, then cook gently for about 10 minutes. Add the parsley and cook 5 minutes more. Season well with sea salt and black pepper.