1/2 Photos of Leek, Potato & Spinach Frittata
This is such a quick and easy recipe. I often make it for my lunch and (instead of serving it up nice and round) serve it more as a hash - so it fits in my tupperware box! I make this with 2-3 eggs because I serve it more as a hash, but for a full-on frittata you could use as many as 4. If you prefer to have this as a hash then you don't need to bother grilling/broiling it - just mix everything up well and keep everything moving in the pan so it all cooks through properly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat your grill/broiler.
- 2Dice the potato and par-boil for approx 5 minutes.
- 3While the potato is cooking, chop the leek and onion.
- 4Put the leek, onion and par-boiled potato into a frying pan with 1 cal spray (or olive oil if you're not dieting!) and soften everything up for another 5 mins or so.
- 5Throw the spinach on top of everything in the pan and press down well so that it starts to wilt.
- 6Pour over the eggs and top with the cheese and paprika. Season well and cook for another 5 minutes or so on a low heat.
- 7To cook the top through properly, place the pan under the grill for the last 5 minutes to melt the cheese and finish everything off nicely.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek, Potato & Spinach Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.1
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 376.5 mg
- Sodium 513.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 29.7 g