1/3 Photos of Leek, Potato & Gruyere Frittata
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this in a William Sonoma order book and looks so good I wanted to save it to try later. The recommend using a "frittata pan" that cooks on one side, then flips over to cook the second. But think I'll just place in a 350°F oven until done to cook the top. The combination of ingredients sounds too good to let this get lost. As an update, finally got around to making this and found it to have a nice, mild flavor. It was pretty easy too so that's a plus though I do feel I've had others with more taste that I might prefer. Think it may help to add something - maybe some bacon!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces small red potatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 leeks, white and light green portions, rinsed well and thinly sliced
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1In deep pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 2Add potatoes, salt and pepper.
- 3Cover with lid (or shallow pan if you have a frittata pan) cook, flipping potatoes occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- 4Transfer to bowl.
- 5In in same deep pan, over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- 6Add leeks, salt and pepper.
- 7Cook, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to separate bowl.
- 8In another bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Stir in cheese, parsley, potatoes, salt, pepper and all but 2 tablespoons of leeks.
- 9Set pan over medium heat; melt 1/2 tablespoon butter. Add egg mixture; cook until just beginning to set, about 4 minutes. Using rubber spatula left cooked edges and allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath.
- 10At this point place in oven at 350°F and cook until eggs are set, about 4 to 6 minutes. (If you have the frittata pan can cover with smaller pan & flip over).
- 11Shake pan to loosen frittata, slide unto plate. Garnish with reserved leeks.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek, Potato & Gruyere Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.7
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 286.4 mg
- Sodium 299.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 13.9 g