Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Leek, Potato and Tomato Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 g desiree potatoes, sliced (4 medium sized)
- 1 medium leek, thinkly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup semi sun-dried tomato, well drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pitted green olives
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese (60g)
- sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped marjoram
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- In a 20cm heavy based oven proof frying pan heat olive oil.
- Add the potatoes and cover.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until potatoes are just soft.
- Add leeks and cook a further minute until soft.
- Stir in the tomatoes and olives, and remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl whist together the eggs, milk, cheddar cheese, marjoram and seasoning.
- Pour over the potato mixture and cook over medium heat until nearly set.
- Place in oven and cook a further 8-10 minutes until set.
- Serve with a green salad.
This was great! I made it without the olives and with fresh roma tomato instead of sun-dried, and it was wonderful. I think I'll make it again with one less potato and perhaps toss in some mushrooms and/or bell pepper, too. Great recipe! Thank you!