Recipe found on Epicurious.com - Bon Appetit/April 2003 edition. A very nice soup to make for the chilly months ahead.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 2 leeks, sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 29.58 ml water
- 226.79 g red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 946.36 ml low sodium chicken broth or 946.36 ml vegetable broth
- 9.85 ml fresh tarragon, chopped
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- In a large heavy pot melt the butter over medium heat. Add the leeks, onion, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of water and cook approximately 10 minutes or until the leeks are golden brown.
- Add potatoes and broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer approximately 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Stir in tarragon, cream and yogurt, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.