Recipe by English_Rose
For a warming winter soup try this easy version of a much-loved classic, served with crusty bread.
- 2 7⁄8 liters vegetable stock
- 4 leeks, sliced
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 75 g Stilton cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 150 ml single cream
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- crusty bread, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan bring the stock to the boil. Add the leeks and potatoes. Return to the boil and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth in a jug blender or food processor or using a hand-blender. Crumble in the Stilton cheese and blend again.
- Season the soup with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the cream and blend until well-mixed.
- Re-heat the soup until piping hot. Serve garnished with parsley with crusty bread on the side.