Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cooking Light. May 2003.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chopped leeks (about 4 large)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed peeled baking potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Fontina cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add leek; sauté 7 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Set aside.
- Place potato and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain. Place 1 tablespoon butter, potato mixture, 1/4 cup cheese, chives, and next 4 ingredients (chives through egg) in a large bowl; mash with a potato masher.
- Lightly coat a 10 1/2-inch round removable-bottom tart pan with cooking spray. Unroll dough onto a lightly floured surface; let rest 5 minutes.
- Pat dough into bottom and up sides of pan. Spread the potato mixture into dough. Spread leek over potato mixture, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack.