Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found the recipe in a William Sonoma magazine and sounds good. I haven't tried it yet and have never made risotto but want to try this. Sounds creamy with lots of flavor. If you try it before me, let me know.
- 236.59 ml flat leaf parsley, fresh
- 59.14 ml chervil, fresh, chopped
- 29.58 ml tarragon, fresh, chopped
- 88.74 ml olive oil
- 1.23 ml salt and pepper (to taste)
- 85.04 g pancetta, diced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 leeks, white and light green portions, rinsed well and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 354.88 ml arborio rice
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth, warmed
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, cut into 2 pieces
- 118.29 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat parsley, chervil, tarragon, 4 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Using immersion blender, blend until smooth. Set fine herbes puree aside.
- In pan over medium heat, saute pancetta 8 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer to small bowl.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon fat in pan; add 2 tablespoons oil.
- Cook onion 7 minutes.
- Add leeks, saute, 15-17 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in rice and pancetta. Cook until rice is translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add wine; stir until absorbed, 1 minute.
- Add broth 1/2 cup at a time; stir constantly until almost completely absorbed before adding more.
- When rice is tender but firm to the bite, after 20-25 minutes, remove from ehat.
- Stir in butter, cheese and fine herbes puree.
- Season with salt and pepper.