1/4 Photos of Leek, Onion, Brussels Sprouts Quiche/Pie
1 hr 10 mins
I had enough pastry over one day to make an extra pie or quiche. I had things in the fridge that needed using up and simply threw them all togther in an experiment... it came out so well that now I make it regularly. You could also throw in a small amount of broccoli, or cauliflower, but the flavour of just the original ingredient is still the one that we like the most. The amount of sprouts is a "guesstimate" since 1-2 handfuls is enough, depending on the size of the sprouts)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped (use both the green and the white parts)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 30 Brussels sprouts (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 spring onion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 5 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Herbed)
- 1 cup cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup cream (optional)
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 1 (30 cm) unbaked pie shells
- 1Combine the first 8 ingredients in a pan and saute gently until the onions and leeks begin to soften.
- 2Take off the heat and let cool.
- 3Cut your cream cheese into small blocks and stir well into the leek mixture.
- 4Add the grated cheese, cream (if using), eggs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- 5Scoop into an unbaked pie shell and cook for 40 minutes at 180 C (350 F).
- 6I got one extra (smaller pie) simply by adding another leek, onion more sprouts to my main mixture. I can't get pie crusts ready made here so used 4Susan's Basic pastry Basic Pie & Pastry Crust + Tips & Tricks which makes one larger pie and one smaller one (as shown in my additional photographs).
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek, Onion, Brussels Sprouts Quiche/Pie
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.3
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 190.9 mg
- Sodium 427.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence