Recipe by Snowbunny Andorra
One to warm the cockles in the winter. Great, filling, soup for lunchtime or as a starter in the evening. Stick it in a flask and take it to the country for sweet chestnut-picking expeditions!
- 4 large leeks, washed and sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 1⁄2 pints chicken stock
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- heavy cream (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add leeks, onions and potatoes and stir.
- Cover saucepan and sweat veg for 10-15 minutes.
- Add stock and milk and bring to boil.
- Replace lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup and return to the saucepan.
- Season and add cream to taste.