Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
One to warm the cockles in the winter. Great, filling, soup for lunchtime or as a starter in the evening. Stick it in a flask and take it to the country for sweet chestnut-picking expeditions!
- 4 large leeks, washed and sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 1⁄2 pints chicken stock
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- heavy cream (to taste)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add leeks, onions and potatoes and stir.
- Cover saucepan and sweat veg for 10-15 minutes.
- Add stock and milk and bring to boil.
- Replace lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup and return to the saucepan.
- Season and add cream to taste.
This is such a delicious recipe. Worked out beautifully.
This recipe was fantastic - I made it for a dinner party. It was a great success with people asking me for the recipe. YUM!!!
I doubled this recipe to serve at a dinner party for eight people.It was delicious and creamy. I did omit the milk , seasoned with salt and white pepper, and served by decorating with swhirled heavy cream and chopped cilantro. A very easy make ahead dish for a party, just rewarm and serve.