- 4 medium potatoes or 800 g potatoes
- 40 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small leek, finely sliced
- 250 g mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Peel potatoes, cut each into four even pieces.
- Boil, steam or microwave the potatoes until they are tender, drain the potatoes and mash them; add butter, milk and sugar and beat until the butter melts.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, cook the leek, garlic, mushrooms and thyme until the leek is soft.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the wine evaporates.
- Stir the leek mixture into the mashed potatoes; and serve.