Moor Driver's Note:
This has a great combination of flavours. Truly comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces leeks, trimmed
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 3/4 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups vegetable stock, hot
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 cup chives, chopped
- 1/8 cup parsley, chopped
- 1Wash the leeks well. Slice in half lengthwise and roughly chop. Wipe the mushrooms with paper towels and roughly chop.
- 2Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the garlic for 1 minute. Add the leeks, mushrooms and salt & pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until softened and browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 3Add 2 tbsp of the butter to th epan and cook the onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the arborio rice and cook for 1 minute. Add 1 ladleful of hot stock to the pan and cook gently, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- 5Add another ladleful as each previous one is absorbed, this should take about 25 minutes. The risotto will turn thick and creamy. The rice should be tender but not sticky.
- 6Just before serving, stir in the leek & mushroom mixture along with the remaining butter, grated lemon zest, 3 tbsp of the lemon juice, half of the parmesan and the herbs.
- 7Serve and sprinkle with the remainder of the parmesan and herbs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek, Mushroom & Lemon Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.7
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.4 mg
- Sodium 395.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: