Leek, Mushroom & Lemon Risotto
- Wash the leeks well. Slice in half lengthwise and roughly chop. Wipe the mushrooms with paper towels and roughly chop.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the garlic for 1 minute. Add the leeks, mushrooms and salt & pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until softened and browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of the butter to th epan and cook the onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the arborio rice and cook for 1 minute. Add 1 ladleful of hot stock to the pan and cook gently, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add another ladleful as each previous one is absorbed, this should take about 25 minutes. The risotto will turn thick and creamy. The rice should be tender but not sticky.
- Just before serving, stir in the leek & mushroom mixture along with the remaining butter, grated lemon zest, 3 tbsp of the lemon juice, half of the parmesan and the herbs.
- Serve and sprinkle with the remainder of the parmesan and herbs.