1/1 Photo of Leek, Mushroom and Lemon Risotto
From Vegetarian: The Best-Ever Recipe Collection. I have substituted myzithra and pecorino romano for the parmesan, depending on my menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup leek
- 1 cup cremini mushroom
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups fresh vegetable stock or 5 cups fresh chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- lemon wedge
- fresh Italian parsley (to garnish)
- 1Wash the leeks well and slice. Wipe the mushrooms and slice.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a saute pan. Add the leeks and mushrooms, cooking over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook another minute. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
- 3Add 2 tablespoons of the butter to the pan and saute the onion over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the arborio rice and cook for 1 minute. Add one cupful of fresh stock to the pan and cook gently, stirring occasionally; until all liquid is absorbed.
- 5Continue stirring in one cupful of stock at a time, until each cupful is absorbed. This should take about 25 minutes. The risotto should by the end turn thick and creamy; the rice tender but not sticky.
- 6Just before serving, stir in the leeks and mushrooms, the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, lemon juice and zest, half of the cheese, and the fresh herbs.
- 7Adjust seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, garnish with herb sprigs and lemon wedges. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek, Mushroom and Lemon Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.6
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 366.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: