Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great finger food.
Make and share this Leek Feta Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup anchovy-stuffed olives (can use regular stuffed olives)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons polenta
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated (extra)
- Grease a 23cm square cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook leeks, garlic and red pepper until just soft and lightly browned.
- Combine leek mixture with beaten eggs, cream, cheeses, olives and parsley.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle top with polenta and extra cheese.
- Cook in a 180 degree C oven about 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Good recipe, which is open to interpretations. I did make quite a few changes: did not use red pepper (did not have any), added cubed bacon to leek/garlic mixture (my husband does not believe in vegetarian food), substituted feta cheese with goat cheese (no feta in the fridge), used only six eggs (all I had), unstuffed black olives and milk instead of cream. Did not use polenta. Also added some chives together with parsley. The end result resembled a quiche, and was quite tasty.
Didn't add the polenta coz I didnt' have any but followed the recipe and it was quick and easy and very very delicious. I added it to a lunch box it was very nice served at room temprature! thanks for sharing
Made this with milk instead of cream, used dried parsley instead of fresh, unstuffed olives and forgot to put in the parmesan cheese!!!!! and they were still very edible. Would have been better with the parmesan though. :-) Ate it as a side to potato soup. Went well together.