Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Forget the recipe on the Knorr's Leek Soup box. This is just as good and contains a fraction of the sodium.
- 177.44 ml chopped leek
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml creamy salad dressing (reduced sodium or homemade - look for "Creamy Tomato Dressing" and other low sodium dressings on thi)
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 14.79 ml white sugar
- 170.09 g jar bacon bits (or equivalent crumbled reduced sodium bacon)
- sodium-free seasoning
- In a medium bowl, mix together the leeks, cream cheese, creamy salad dressing, vinegar, sugar, bacon bits, salt substitute and pepper.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, until well chilled.
I needed a quick and delicious recipe for a lunch on sunday, figured we would try it tonight to be sure and oh my god, I had a hard time not eating it all in one serving !! I used real back chopped in tiny pieces, we actually threw in the leek a couple minutes with the bacon cooking... I LOVE this recipe ! Thanks so much for sharing !!!
Very tasty! I, too, did not use the sodium-free stuff...and I used buttermilk ranch and wild leeks, too. However, I used a can of "real bacon pieces" and found out that even the 3 oz can over-powered the dip. Don't get me wrong...if you prefer more of a "bacon" taste....go for it. But, I ended up using a cup of chopped leeks and still thought 3 oz of the bacon was a little much. Next time I will use a half a can of bacon. Thanks for the yummy recipe!
Another great recipe. I sauted the leeks then combined the remaining ingredients. I was a little shy on the dressing so I added a little ff 1/2 & 1/2. This is very tasty and come be used on many things.