Forget the recipe on the Knorr's Leek Soup box. This is just as good and contains a fraction of the sodium.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped leek
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy salad dressing (reduced sodium or homemade - look for "Creamy Tomato Dressing" and other low sodium dressings on thi)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 6 ounces jars bacon bits (or equivalent crumbled reduced sodium bacon)
- sodium-free seasoning
- In a medium bowl, mix together the leeks, cream cheese, creamy salad dressing, vinegar, sugar, bacon bits, salt substitute and pepper.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, until well chilled.