- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 leeks, white part only, washed and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 kg sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, dry-roasted
- 1 1⁄4 liters chicken stock or 1 1⁄4 liters vegetable stock
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan,.
- add leek and onion and cook over low-medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in sweet potato and cumin seeds and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- Puree soup, in batches, in a food processor until smooth and season to taste.
- Ladle soup into warm serving bowls and swirl a spoonful of yoghurt in each bowl.