1/1 Photo of Leek & Cheese Pie
1 hr 15 mins
Tea Jenny's Note:
leeks are in season at the moment and are very good for you so I am making the most of the good prices in the shops. This is a very nice recipe and totally vegetarian if you eat eggs that is. I like to make mine into little flans as it's easier for serving and you can get 4 small ones or 1 large from this recipe. I use low fat cheese, cream and milk and it's fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make your pastry roll it out to fit the tin or tins if making small ones.
- 2Preheat oven to200c or 400f.
- 3Slice the leeks and saute in the melted butter or margarine until soft but not brown. Season with cayenne pepper and nutmeg and allow to go cold.
- 4Whisk eggs, milk, soured cream and salt together.
- 5Sprinkle half the cheese on the bottom of the flan or flans,spread the leeks on top then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top pour the egg custard mix on top and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- 6Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek & Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.4
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.4 g
- Cholesterol 271.3 mg
- Sodium 694.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: