Recipe by conniecooks
This is remarkably easy to make and is quite an elegant appetizer. It would also be nice for a special luncheon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped leeks (white part only)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichokes (drained and sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 0.5 (400 g) package puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 cup havarti cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, roughly chopped (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven at 400°F.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add leeks, and cook covered for 15 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Stir in artichokes and garlic. Cook uncovered 5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add 1 tbsp dill; set aside.
- On floured board roll out puff pastry to 11 or 12-inch square.
- Gently slide onto Silpat or parchment paper and carefully put on baking sheet.
- Roll up edges about 1 inch to form edge.
- Beat egg with 2 tsp water and brush all over pastry.
- Prick bottom all over with fork and bake 15 minutes.
- Spread leek mixture over crust.
- Mix cheeses together and sprinkle over top.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Garnish with 2 Tbsp fresh dill roughly chopped.