This is remarkably easy to make and is quite an elegant appetizer. It would also be nice for a special luncheon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped leeks (white part only)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichokes (drained and sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 0.5 (400 g) package puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 cup havarti cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, roughly chopped (garnish)
- 1Set oven at 400°F.
- 2Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- 3Add leeks, and cook covered for 15 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- 4Stir in artichokes and garlic. Cook uncovered 5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add 1 tbsp dill; set aside.
- 5On floured board roll out puff pastry to 11 or 12-inch square.
- 6Gently slide onto Silpat or parchment paper and carefully put on baking sheet.
- 7Roll up edges about 1 inch to form edge.
- 8Beat egg with 2 tsp water and brush all over pastry.
- 9Prick bottom all over with fork and bake 15 minutes.
- 10Spread leek mixture over crust.
- 11Mix cheeses together and sprinkle over top.
- 12Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- 13Bake 10 minutes.
- 14Garnish with 2 Tbsp fresh dill roughly chopped.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek, Artichoke & Feta Tart
Serving Size: 1 (871 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 125.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: