Recipe by Da Huz
Light, subtle flavor. From "Seasonal Food" by Susannah Blake. Try to find sun-dried tomatoes that are not packed in oil, or dry your own tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in 10-inch oven-proof skillet (cast iron or aluminum). Add leeks and cook on medium-low about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and 1 cup parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat broiler to high. Pour eggs over the vegetables in the skillet. Stir to mix.
- Cook on low, scraping bottom of pan toward middle as it sets and letting uncooked egg run underneath. Cook in this manner until bottom is firm but top is still moist (about 10 minutes).
- Place frittata under broiler and cook for about 5 minutes (until frittata is cooked throughout and golden on top).
- Serve in skillet or carefully flip out of skillet, flipping again so it is right-side up. Garnish with parsley.