Recipe by elbow100
Ive tried to make numerous soups...this is the only one Ive liked and served to guests. Its amazing hot or cold.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, sliced (white part only)
- 4 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 medium thinly sliced potato
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1 dash nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large pot (i use large deep frying pan).
- Add sliced leeks and minced onion.
- Saute until soft but not brown.
- Add everything else except whipping cream.
- Cook until potato is tender.
- Put in blender (i do it in 2 small batches).
- Add more stock if necessary.
- Reheat and add in cream.
- stir and serve cold or hot.