Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was having a chat to my gran the other day and she gave me three of her favourite soup recipes, and this is number one of three!
- 1 onion
- 1 large potato
- 1⁄2 small leek
- 500 ml water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 50 ml milk
- Wash the potato and the leek.
- Peel the potato and the onion.
- Finely dice the potato and shred the leek.
- Fry the vegetables gently for 3-4 mins.
- Add the water, stock and salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and simmer so 25-30 mins.
- Just before serving add milk.
- Blend the soup if you don't want any lumps.