Recipe by Tara
I couldn't find a recipe that looked good and I didn't want to puree the soup, so I combined 3 recipes and came up with this one. It was delicious which I found hard to believe with so few ingredients. It also came out a nice golden colour.
Top Review by Brianne K
I made this when I got two feet of snow outside and thought a nice cup of homemade soup would do. I liked the recipe and it was easy to make but too much pepper for me will make it again just pepper to taste next time.
- 3⁄4 cup of sliced leek (whites and some green)
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes (1/2inch cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 cups chicken broth (or cups water and 3 tsps chicken bouillon)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- nutmeg (2 sprinkles from the jar)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pot over medium heat, sauté leeks for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and sauté 5 minutes more.
- Whisk in 3 tbsp flour and gradually whisk in chicken broth stirring constantly add pepper, basil,paprika and nutmeg.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Whisk milk with 1 tbsp flour and whisk into soup.
- Heat til bubbling again.