Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- in a large saucepan put some olive oil and the cleaned and chopped vegetables, sweat them slowly for about 20 minutes until they are cooked.
- Make up the stock, to how much soup you require and add to veg.
- Cook a little longer, making sure the veg is all cooked.
- Zap it all with a hand blender and check seasonings.
- It shouldn't need salt as the stock will have salt.
- Eat with crusty bread.
This is my family's favourite soup. It's absolutely brilliant. I add a little worcester saucer and a little oregano and instead of blitzing it all, I mash it with the potato masher. That way, after you've dipped your crusty bread in, you're left with some mashed potato at the bottom of the bowl. Yum yum!! A fantastic soup that warms your insides on a cold day. Thank you so much for this recipe!
I can't believe I've never written a review for this! I've made this recipe several times, it's the only one my family likes-which is funny since there are no set amounts! Turns out great every time though! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Made this for my husband who raved about it for days. I also added two rashers of bacon, perhaps an unusual addition, but luckily a successful one. Fantastic, great tasting and easy recipe.