Prep 12 mins
Cook 20 mins
Can also be served chilled as Vichyssoise (pronounced Vi-shee-swah)
- 5 ounces butter
- 20 ounces onions, julienned
- 20 ounces leeks, whites only, julienned
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled, large diced
- 5 quarts chicken stock or 5 quarts other white stock
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces fresh sorrel leaves
- Heat butter over low heat in large sauce pan.
- Sweat leaks and onions until moderately soft and translucent.
- Stir in potatoes and stock.
- Season and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until all vegetables are very tender.
- Puree soup to smooth consistency.
- Wash and shred sorrel leaves, garnish on top of soup just before serving.