Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A cheap and spicy soup - a little goes a long way!
- 3 tablespoons oil (any)
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup soup mix (mix of barley, split peas, tiny pasta etc)
- 4 -5 leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 2 large potatoes, skins on, chopped
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- In a medium-sized soup pot fry the curry powder in the oil while preparing the veg.
- Add the soup mix, then the veg.
- Boil up a couple of kettles of water and fill the pan to the top. I'm guessing 4 litres? it looks a lot.
- Add 2 good tsp of tamarind concentrate.
- Simmer until the soup mix bits are softened.
- I serve it with Yeast Free Bread #67405 and it is delicious!
- Great if you're keeping Lent, great if you're struggling with the pennies - both of which is me this month!