Recipe by Angela Sara
Mmmmmm...the smells of this baking will bring them running home!! Great with grilled meats and sausages.
Top Review by Bergy
Loved this dish and yes it does smell heavenly. I used skim milk and it worked well. Next time I will mince any of the green part of the leek that I use or omit it all together. I like the color contrast but when you slice the green it goes very limp during cooking and does not add to the presentation. I thought of adding some cheddar cheese on top but since I was cutting back on fat (skim milk) I didn't add any but I think it would be very good or some parmesan. thanks Angfela Sara
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 4 medium leeks
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups hot milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the potatoes and slice thinly.
- Wash the leeks thoroughly and slice thinly discarding about the last 2 inches of the green tops.
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Put in alternate layers of potatoes and leeks sprinkling each layer with the seasoned flour and small chips of butter.
- The top layer should be potatoes.
- Dot the top with butter, pour hot milk on top of the casserole.
- Bake in the oven uncovered (gas 5, 375°F, 190°C.) for about 1 hour.