- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 large leeks, white part chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 matzos, broken
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 potatoes, baked, peel, slice
- 6 ounces evaporated skim milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Grated
- chives, Minced (for top)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat margarine in skillet.
- Add leeks and saute, cover until wilted.
- Add red pepper saute 5 min.
- Combine matzos with water in bowl, soak 3-5 min. until soft.
- Drain, squeeze out excess water.
- Combine leek mixture and matzos with remaining ingredients, except cheese and chives.
- Stir until fully mixed.
- Pour into an oiled shallow 2 qt.
- Sprinkle cheese over top followed by chives.
- Bake 35 to 40 min, or until top golden.
- Let stand 5 to 10 min and cut.