Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat margarine in skillet.
- Add leeks and saute, cover until wilted.
- Add red pepper saute 5 min.
- Combine matzos with water in bowl, soak 3-5 min. until soft.
- Drain, squeeze out excess water.
- Combine leek mixture and matzos with remaining ingredients, except cheese and chives.
- Stir until fully mixed.
- Pour into an oiled shallow 2 qt.
- Sprinkle cheese over top followed by chives.
- Bake 35 to 40 min, or until top golden.
- Let stand 5 to 10 min and cut.
This was really good! I love leeks and potatoes! I followed the recipe to a tee (had scallions instead of chives) and it was really yummy - great comfort food! Thanks so much!