A Nigel Slater recipe, great with meats or fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potatoes.
- 2Meanwhile, slice the leeks thinly and make sure you wash off any dirt from in between the layers.
- 3Melt the butter in a shallow pan and cook the leeks over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until they are very soft, about 20 minutes.
- 4Bring the milk to a boil in a small saucepan and then take off the heat.
- 5When the potatoes are tender, drain and mash, pouring in the warm milk as you go.
- 6Stop adding milk when the consistency is thick enough to make into patties. You don't want a sloppy mash.
- 7Stir in the leeks, season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- 8Shape into rough patties.
- 9Warm oil in a shallow pan and slide in the patties.
- 10Let them take on a golden colour, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- 11Like out and drain on kitchen paper.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek and Potato Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (1391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 36.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g