For a quick and tasty snack try this tasty version of a traditional British bread and cheese dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly toast the bread on both sides.
- 2Melt the butter in a small pan. Add the leek and cook gently, stirring now and then, for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the pear and sage and cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
- 4In another saucepan, put the cheese, egg yolk, mustard and stout. Stir over a gentle heat until the cheese melts and forms a creamy mixture. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 5Preheat the broiler.
- 6Divide the leek and pear mixture on top of the toast and then pour over the cheese sauce.
- 7Broil under a hot broiler until bubbling and brown. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek and Pear English Rarebit
Serving Size: 1 (669 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 882.8
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.6 g
- Saturated Fat 32.1 g
- Cholesterol 243.9 mg
- Sodium 983.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: