Recipe by dicentra
This comes from 1000 Great Recipes. Posting for ZWT3. “Vegetable purees are popular in Britain and France served with meat, chicken or fish dishes.”
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 3 parsnips, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam or boil the leeks and parsnips together for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Drain well, then place in a food processor or blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the processor or blender.
- Combine them all until really smooth, then check the seasoning.
- Transfer to a warmed bowl and garnish with a sprinkling of nutmeg.