This comes from 1000 Great Recipes. Posting for ZWT3. “Vegetable purees are popular in Britain and France served with meat, chicken or fish dishes.”
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam or boil the leeks and parsnips together for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- 2Drain well, then place in a food processor or blender.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients to the processor or blender.
- 4Combine them all until really smooth, then check the seasoning.
- 5Transfer to a warmed bowl and garnish with a sprinkling of nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek and Parsnip Puree
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.1
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 38.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: