Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good on chicken breasts or fish.
Make and share this Leek and Mushroom Sauce (Low Fat) recipe from Food.com.
- 170.09 g cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced crosswise (white part only)
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml fat-free chicken broth
- 2.46 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml nonfat sour cream
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml dried tarragon
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and leeks and cook about 4 minutes, stirring, until the leeks are tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together chicken broth and cornstarch. Stir the mixture into the mushrooms and leeks. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened.
- Stir in sour cream, lemon juice and tarragon, and heat just until warmed. Do not let boil or sour cream will separate.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve over cooked chicken breasts or fish.
This is a great sauce for fish! I made with dill rather than tarragon (since I didn't have any) and served it over snapper. Was a nice light sauce that didn't overpower the fish. Made for Football Pool 2012-13 Win.
Loved this sauce, especially that it is low fat but still so full of flavor. This one is going into my "Best of 2013". I really love a sauce over my meats, especially dryer ones like bs chicken breasts but they usually add a lot of fat. I seasoned my chicken breast with the seasoning from my Carrabba's Chicken Marsala and then grilled them and served topped with the sauce along with green beans and sourdough bread, yummy!!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for your win in the football pool, congrats again!!
Nice save with mushroom flavor. Well-balanced. Made for Football Pool 2012