Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't remember where this recipe came from, but it's good and very pretty with the red crust, and i am not a fan of kidney beans.
- 12 ounces kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups whites and light green leeks, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- pat the beans dry and put between 2 sheets of waxed paper, crush with rollimg pin.
- scrape the beans into an 8 inch pie plate and press into bottom and sides.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large skillet melt butter, add leeks, mushrooms, dill, mustard and saute till leeka are tender. remove from heat and cool slightly.
- in mixing bowl beat egss well, add wine, breadcrumbs, cheese and leek mixture.
- Stir well, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into pie plate and bake 30-40 minutes, till set.
This was lovely! The crust was quite unusual but I liked it. Thanks!