Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Cooking Light. Per serving: 170 calories, 5 g fat, 8.9 g protein, 22.6 g carb, 6.1 g fiber, 10 mg cholesterol. Suggested for a casual meal with friends--this soup plus crunchy chopped salad, pumpernickel toast, and lemon sorbet with mixed berries.
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 cups chopped leeks
- 4 cups fresh baby lima beans
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Fry the bacon in a large saucepan over med heat until crisp; remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon of drippings in the pan.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add leeks to drippings in pan; stir/saute 7 minutes or until tender; stir in beans, broth, and water; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Place half of the bean mixture in a blender.
- Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape), secure lid on blender.
- Place a clean dishtowel over opening in blender (to prevent spills), and process until smooth.
- Pour pureed bean mixture into a large bowl.
- Repeat procedure with remaining bean mixture.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Ladle about 1 cup of soup into individual bowls (8); top each serving with 1 tablespoon onions, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and about 1 teaspoon bacon.