1/1 Photo of Leek and Green Onion Chowder
Julie B's Hive's Note:
Low in salt, low in fat, low in everything but taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim ends and all but 3 inches of green tops from leeks; remove tough outer leaves.
- 2Split leeks lengthwise; rinse well, then thinly slice crosswise.
- 3Melt butter in a 5-6 quart pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Add leeks; cook, stirring often, until soft (8-10 minutes).
- 5Stir in flour and white pepper; then stir in broth.
- 6Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring, add onions; cook, stirring, just until onions turn bright green (2 minutes).
- 7Stir in lemon juice and season to taste with salt.
- 8To serve, ladle soup into bowls.
- 9Garnish each serving with lemon slices and a dollop of sour cream.
- 10Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek and Green Onion Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 139.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g