Recipe by Bunny Erica
A tasty and filling soup. You could make many alterations to the recipe depending on your taste - add a potato for soup a little thicker, substitute barley for some of the lentils, add a stick of celery. The miso paste is optional but it adds flavour without having to add too much salt and pepper.
Top Review by Elmotoo
This was easy & delicious! I thought it looked better before pureeing - it looked 'muddy' afterwards. but THE PICKY ONE didn't pick out the carrots - instead she had seconds! great recipe, Bunny Erika! Made for PAC 9/07.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 295.73 ml green lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 2000.0 ml vegetable stock
- 0.25 ml thyme
- 14.79 ml miso (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the lentils and leave to stand in water whilst preparing the rest of the veggies.
- In a large soup pot saute leeks, onions, garlic and carrot until soft in the olive oil.
- Drain the lentils and add them to the pan.
- Add the the bayleaf, stock, thyme and miso paste if using, and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about an hour or until the lentils are soft enough to puree.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Puree with a stick blender.
- Any leftovers will be good for freezing.