Recipe by Izzy Knight
Leek is my new favorite food. This pasta recipe is from http://recipes.alastra.com/pasta/. I am SO glad I tried this recipe. 2 thumbs up! This recipe serves about 6, so adjust your own pasta amount. Any kind of pasta will work well.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 6 cups chopped leeks (, white and pale green parts only, about 6 medium leeks)
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced (white part only)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola (, or other blue cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and saute until tender and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add leeks, green onions and shallots, saute until very tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain well, reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to same pot.
- Add onion mixture, toss to combine.
- Mix in reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if pasta is dry.
- Mix in cheese, season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to large bowl, serve.