Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Choose a rindless cheese for this tart.
- 250 g shortcrust pastry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 pitted black olives, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 100 g soft fresh goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line four 12cm loose bottomed, fluted tart tins. Prick the pastry, line with grease proof paper and fill with baking beans. bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the leek and pepper until softened. Remove the paper and beans from the tarts. Fill each tart with the leek and pepper mixture. Scatter over the thyme, olives and goats cheese.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, until the pastry is golden and the cheese is slightly melted. Serve immediately with either a salad of mixed leaves or fresh seasonal veg.