Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Canadian Living magazine. Serve it with crisp crackers.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 (130 g) packages soft fresh goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh herbs (such as rosemary thyme or sage)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- In skillet heat oil over med heat.
- Fry leeks garlic pepper salt and cayenne pepper, stirring often, until softened and golden; about 6 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup water to pan.
- Scrape into a bowl and let cool.
- Add goat cheese and herbs to bowl.
- Mash with fork till smooth.
- Scrape into a 2 cup ramekin or oven proof dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours.
- Make ahead; Refrigerate for up to one day.
- Let stand for 30 min before broiling.
- Sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat, until sugar is bubbly and light golden, about 3 minute.