1/2 Photos of Leek and Dubliner Scones (Biscuits)
From the Daily Meal. I haven't yet made these, but I don't believe the recipe calls for enough baking powder -- you be the judge! Watch a demo video at http://www.thedailymeal.com/video/related/1141
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter (preferably Kerrygold)
- 532.32 ml unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion (chopped finely)
- 1 medium leek (white and tender green parts, sliced thinly)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml cold butter (preferably Kerrygold, cut into pieces)
- 236.59 ml kerrygold dubliner cheese (coarsely grated)
- 198.44 g plain yogurt (See directions below, all the yogurt may not be needed!)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees (390 degrees in a convection oven). Lightly grease and flour a baking sheet.
- 2Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the onion and leek, stirring often, until soft and lightly browned, 5-7 minutes.
- 3Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Add the cheese, then cut in the butter until it resembles oatmeal or breadcrumbs (or add to a food processor and pulse for 3-4 seconds). Stir in the onion and leek mixture.
- 4Reserving some of the yogurt, mix in just enough to produce a dough that is a bit sticky but not wet. Add more yogurt if necessary.
- 5Transfer to a work surface and lightly knead for a few seconds. Pat it out until it is about 1-inch thick.
- 6Cut out 2-inch rounds and place on the cookie sheet. Transfer sheet to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek and Dubliner Scones (Biscuits)
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 253.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g