Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Plain old store-bought cornbread stuffing jazzed up with leeks, bacon and pecans.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped leeks, thoroughly washed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 10 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Toss stuffing mix with about half of the melted butter; set aside.
- In a skillet, heat reminaining butter over in a large skillet over medium heat until foaming; sauté leeks and celery for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in bacon, pecans, salt and pepper; then combine with stuffing mixture.
- Spoon into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.