Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
perfect winter warmer
- 1 1⁄2 tblps olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 3 leeks, white part only, washed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 400 g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 liter chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- chives (to garnish)
- Heat oil and butter in large pot.
- Add leeks, cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, add garlic, cook further 30 minutes or till soft.
- Add drained chickpeas and 3 cups stock.
- Bring to the boil, simmer 5 minutes.
- Process half the soup in a food processor until smooth.
- Return to pot with remaining chunky soup.
- Add last amount of stock and stir.
- Season to taste, garnish with chives.
- Serve with crusty bread.