Recipe by mary winecoff
My parents were world travelers and picked up this recipe in Scotland. It is one of my father's favorite recipes. Flan is kinda like a quiche. It initially called for a traditional shortbread pastry but I use pre-made pie crusts with the same result.
- 1 pie crust (1/2 package)
- 2 large leeks, washed and sliced thin
- 118.29 ml butter
- 3 large eggs
- 85.04 g milk
- 85.04 g sour cream
- 170.09 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Ste oven to 400 degrees (Mark6).
- Line a 9 inch pie pan (or flan tin) with pie crust.
- Saute leeks until soft, season with black pepper and cool.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and sour cream. Add salt and then half the cheese and leeks to this mixture.
- Pour into pie pan and sprinkle with rest of cheese. Grate nutmeg over, place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until brown.