1/2 Photos of Leek and Cheese Flan
mary winecoff's Note:
My parents were world travelers and picked up this recipe in Scotland. It is one of my father's favorite recipes. Flan is kinda like a quiche. It initially called for a traditional shortbread pastry but I use pre-made pie crusts with the same result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Ste oven to 400 degrees (Mark6).
- 2Line a 9 inch pie pan (or flan tin) with pie crust.
- 3Saute leeks until soft, season with black pepper and cool.
- 4Whisk together the eggs, milk and sour cream. Add salt and then half the cheese and leeks to this mixture.
- 5Pour into pie pan and sprinkle with rest of cheese. Grate nutmeg over, place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek and Cheese Flan
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.5
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 184.9 mg
- Sodium 503.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 12.7 g