Recipe by Pets'R'us
The leeks and carrots make this a sweet vegetable soup. If you want a very smooth soup you will have to push it through a sieve. Its low in calories and healthy. (I do like that swirl of cream though)
Top Review by DbKnadler
We had this for dinner tonight. It was ok, but seemed a little bland. If I were to make it again, I would probably saute the leeks and carrots prior to adding the broth to give it more depth. And would probably add some herbs for more flavor.
- 14 -16 ounces leeks, washed,cleaned and cut up in 1 inch pieces
- 12 ounces carrots, cleaned and cut op in slices
- 1 liter vegetable stock or 1 liter chicken stock, cubes or home made
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup of semi skim milk
- single cream, to serve (optional)
- chopped parsley, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring your stock to the boil, add the leeks, carrots and bay leaf.
- Bring back to the boil, then simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Let cool slightly, remove the bay leaf, puree the soup in a food processor or with a hand blender to your own liking.
- Add the milk, if you find the soup is too thick add some more milk or water, adjust the seasoning and serve, with or without the cream.