That is Dr House to you's Note:
A lovely vegetable dish. For Vegan use oil oil. For variations use flavored olive oil
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you are Vegan omit the fromage frais and the butter.
- 2Melt the butter and add the leeks and caraway seeds. Sweat the leeks for 10 to 15 minutes [fairly soft].
- 3Add a bit of water and simmer until very tender.
- 4Drain. Puree until smooth [if using] adding the fromage frais. You want it creamy.
- 5Season and serve hot.
- 6Servings is a guess. Again who counts? Will serve one fan or a bunch more if you protect the dish from the hungry fan.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek and Caraway Puree
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 49.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g