That is Dr House to you's Note:
A lovely vegetable dish. For Vegan use oil oil. For variations use flavored olive oil
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you are Vegan omit the fromage frais and the butter.
- 2Melt the butter and add the leeks and caraway seeds. Sweat the leeks for 10 to 15 minutes [fairly soft].
- 3Add a bit of water and simmer until very tender.
- 4Drain. Puree until smooth [if using] adding the fromage frais. You want it creamy.
- 5Season and serve hot.
- 6Servings is a guess. Again who counts? Will serve one fan or a bunch more if you protect the dish from the hungry fan.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek and Caraway Puree
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 49.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g