Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
a nice and delicate appetizer
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed (2 sheets)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 leeks, white and pale green parts only,sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces camembert cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F Roll out each pastry sheet on lightly floured surface to 12-inch square.
- Stack squares and roll to 15-inch square.
- Using 14-inch pizza pan as guide, cut stacked dough into 14-inch round.
- Crimp edge of dough to form 1/4-inch rim.
- Transfer to pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Freeze 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks and 1/4 cup water; cook until leeks are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season leeks with salt; set aside to cool.
- Bring cream to simmer in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low; add Camembert and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk in egg, cayenne, and nutmeg.
- Set custard aside.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over crust.
- Spread leeks over.
- Drizzle custard over.
- Bake until bottom is golden, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to rack; cool 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.