Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe is from the Queen Victoria & Albert resort in Disney World, Orlando.
- 2 cups chopped leeks (white & tender green portions)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- 2 cups peeled cubed new potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- white pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup cubed brie cheese (rind removed)
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed stemmed spinach
- sour cream and milk (to garnish)
- cinnamon basil (to garnish)
- 1) In large saucepan, saute' leeks, celery, shallots, and garlic in clarified butter until soft.
- 2) Add vermouth. Boil gently until reduced by half.
- 3) Add new potatoes, thyme, white pepper to taste, chicken stock, and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Add Brie, 1 cube at a time, whiskingt until blended after each addition.
- 4) Boil gently for 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- 5) Pour 1/3 of the soup into blender container. Add 1/3 of the spinach . Puree until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup and spinach in 2 batches.
- 6) Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with swirls of sour cream thinned to a drizzling consistency with a little milk.
- 7) Trim plates with sprigs of cinnamon basil.